Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I was not looking forward to Valentine's Day on SL. No partner and no friend to accompany me. I thought I had a prospect, bought tickets to an event at Jake's and the prospect kinda fizzled.

But I showed up anyway. Not at all what I was expecting. First I learned that I was paired up with someone. Pol Lockjaw. I was a little nervous at first. I take a little while to get comfortable and chatty, but I just went with it and before too long we were having a pleasant conversation.

We were served wine, choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. Pol was sweet and charming, I couldn't believe he didn't have a date for the evening. After that we did some dancing.

SL wasn't entirely on our side. He crashed a few times and I crashed (well, got a little dozy...it was getting late RL) once. By the time I came back he had moved on. We still chatted in IM and the pleasantries continued. The party had started to get going at Jakes, of came the suits and tuxes...on went the skimpy outfits typical for a Saturday night at Jakes.

In the end it was a wonderful evening. I'm glad Jake and Baz matched Pol and I up. I've made a new friend. Hopefully a lasting one. Here are a few pics:






1 comment: